Monday, April 21, 2014

New Blog Focus ~Nuclear Wastes~ What to DO Suggestions

Susnaghe Neneh::
 Rolling stewardship.
I like it...
Bee Alive::
 I would buy a few lots of land
one behind OPG's CEO
one behind Hydro's CEO
one behind AECL's CEO
one behind NB Power's CEO
one behind Quebec Power's CEO
And I would place the Nuclear waste on those lots of land.
They think it is safe, so they won't mind having this stuff in THEIR back yard. Also, they made it, they got disgustingly rich from it, so they can live with their consequences.
Let's pitch this idea to them just so we can hear their reasons against it.
I like it...
Adam Dub::
 I think we should contain it within walls of lead, deep underground. I'm sure theres more than enough lead left over from the past few hundred years of industrial waste. No matter what, there's no simple solution, so we definitely shouldn't be producing it in the first place. And as for energy, communities should look into all the other options for powering their homes, instead of paying out to companies. Imagine a world with no bills, but plenty of hard work!
I like it...
Juniper Andpiglet::
 yea, stop making it, dry cask what there is then spend all money and resources to find a way to somehow filter it or make it less toxic somehow?? i dunno it's an awful awful problem
I like it...
Maryse Dumas::
 I think the admission that we have gone too far is the first step. Wish the NRC , IAEA and Japanese gov't would
I like it...
Steph Sid::
 I agree, Rolling Stewardship is the most responsible approach now. I heard a talk about this in 1992 at the World Uranium Hearings in Austria, and the message that sticks in my mind is if it's on the surface, it will be a constant reminder of our folly. We made this stuff and it will never be gone, at least never in terms of time periods that most human beings can understand. So taking the "out of sight, out of mind" approach is weak and irresponsible, because we can't guarantee any human made technology that far into the future. AND stop making more.
I like it...
Candyce Paul::
 If education does not become too dumbed down, I think that brilliant young minds will eventually find a solution to the radioactivity. However they need to watch and monitor it closely until that actually happens. They can isolate it as best they can where it currently sits. Wiser choices must be made. No more production of nuclear fuel. Cut consumption as WE ALL KNOW WE MUST. WE are not gods and we must admit we have gone way too far in the wrong direction.
I like it...
Maryse Dumas::
 That is the no 1 question that our great minds and scientist need to think through. Dry cask maybe the only option Eileen is spot on in saying that we must stop making it!
Transporting it from here to there is also dangerous!
If I think about it too much I start to worry considering I'm on an earthquake, typhoon, tsunami... volcano prone islands with 52 reactors sitting loaded.
There's just something too extreme in all this.....
I like it...
Eileen Mahood-Jose::
 What I wouldn't do is bury it deep underground, where monitoring would end long before it would be rendered harmless and where groundwater would inevitably leak in, carry it to a stream, and mix it into fresh drinking water. Dry cask storage is the best we've got, which isn't saying a lot. Basically, the secret to safety for future generations is to STOP GENERATING NUCLEAR WASTE NOW.
I LOVE it...
Bryan Waciston::
Die
Thats why I don't want it
I DO NOT like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment